Contest Rules and Regulations
Return to contest
THE WINNING SNOOZZZE CONTEST
1.1 To be eligible for this contest (“Contest”), an individual must:
- be a legal resident of a province or territory of Canada; and
- be at least the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
1.2 Those ineligible to enter the contest are:
- employees, representatives and agents of Saputo Bakery Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
- employees, representatives and agents of the suppliers of Prizes (hereinafter defined) awarded in this Contest;
- employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor's advertising, promotional and media agencies
- people involved in the development, production and distribution ofmaterials related to the contest; and
- the immediate family of all of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest Rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
1.3 The Sponsor has the right to require, at any time, proof of identity, age and/or eligibility of any participant in the Contest (the “Participant”) to allow the Participant to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the Sponsor within five (5) days of the request could result in disqualification.
1.4 All information supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, accurate and complete. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant should his/her Entry Form (hereinafter defined) include false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest opens on September 15, 2014, at 00:00 am EDT (the “Contest Opening Date”) and closes on December 14, 2014, at 11:59 pm EST (the “Contest Closing Date”). The period between the Contest Opening Date and the Contest Closing Date is the “Contest Period.”
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
3.1 There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. The Participant may either purchase a Participating Product (hereinafter defined), visit the contest Facebook page (hereinafter defined) or send a Letter (hereinafter defined) to the Sponsor to enter the Contest.
3.2 In the case of a participation with purchase, the Participant must first purchase a box of participating products (the “Participating Products”) with a cut-off promotional tag (the “Tag”), which are the following Vachon Morning Muffin varieties:
- Chocolate Chunks: 0-60737-05753-1
- Banana & Chocolate: 0-60737-05752-4
- Blueberry & Buttermilk: 0-60737-05750-0
- Carrots, Nut & Raisins: 0-60737-05751-7
Once the Tag is cut, the Participant will open the two sealed parts of the Tag and will then discover a unique alphanumerical code. The Participant must visit www.vachon.com (the “Contest Website”) and complete the entry form by entering his/her first and last names, email address, province of residence and daytime telephone number (the “Entry Form”) and he/she must then enter the unique alphanumerical code in the field provided for this purpose and click on the “Snoozzze” button. It will be indicated if the Participant is be selected (the “Selected Participant”) to win the Instant Prize indicated.
3.3 The Participant may also enter the Contest by visiting the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/vachoncanada or at www.the-winning-snooze-vachon.com (the “Contest Facebook Page”). After the Participant clicks on the “Obtain a code” feature on the Contest Facebook Page, a unique alphanumeric code (a “Facebook Code”) will appear on the screen and the Participant will be asked permission to access to his/her information. If the Participant agrees, he/she will receive the Facebook Code by email. When the Participant receives his/her Facebook Code, he/she must visit the Contest Website and follow the procedure described in the second paragraph of subsection 3.2 of these rules. The Participant may get a Facebook Code only once in the manner provided in this paragraph.
3.4 A Participant may also enter the Contest without purchase by mail by sending a handwritten letter (the "Letter") to the following address: The Winning Snoozzze Contest, to the attention of Cri communications Inc. (the “Administrator”), at 85 Saint-Paul Street West, Suite 120, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 3V4. The Letter must be of at least fifty (50) words and describe his/her morning routine. The Letter must also include the Participant’s first and last name, email address and province of residence. The Participant must include a stamped envelope with his/her return address. The Participant must send the Letter and the envelope by regular prepaid mail. In order to be eligible, the Letter must be received by December 1, 2014, at 23:59 EDT. The Administrator will then send, by return mail, a Tag on which there will be a unique alphanumerical code. The Participant shall go on the Contest Website and follow the procedure described under the second paragraph of subsection 3.2 of these rules. The Participant must not submit more than one (1) Letter per week during the Contest Period.
3.5 The Participant may only submit one (1) Entry Form per unique alphanumerical code. The Participant may submit no more than five (5) Entry Forms per day during the Contest Period.
3.6 In order to enter the Contest, the Participant must have a valid email address.
3.7 The Participant may obtain additional entries by sharing the Contest Website on his/her Facebook wall and then get five (5) additional Entry Forms in order to increase his/her odds of winning the Grand Prize.
3.8 Use of any automated system to submit Entry Forms is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Participant must submit the Entry Form in his/her own name only, and a proxy cannot be given to this effect, failing which the Participant will be disqualified. Entry Forms with any entry information missing are not eligible and will be rejected.
3.9 In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry Form, the Entry Form will be declared submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of the entry (i.e., the person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domains associated with the submitted email address).
4.1 Grand Prize
- 4.1.1 One (1) grand prize shall be awarded during this Contest, consisting of a trip to Greece (the "Grand Prize"). The Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a letter to the Grand Prize Winner inviting him/her to contact Voyages Transat or any other retailer chosen by the Administrator (the "Travel Agency"), to claim his/her prize.
- 4.1.2 The letter described under sub-paragraph 4.1.1 is valid for a period of one (1) year from the date of issue, and the Grand Prize Winner is responsible for making travel reservations with the Travel Agency. Booking flights and hotels are subject to availability and to any additional restrictions.
- 4.1.3 The Grand Prize Winner can choose one (1) guest (a "Guest"). Guests must be at least thirteen (13) years old on the day of departure. The Grand Prize Winner and the Guest must travel together, leave from the same Canadian international airport and return to the same airport.
- 4.1.4 The Guest must complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form acknowledging and confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsor and any other organization associated with the awarding of the Grand Prize or in the Contest together with their respective employees of all responsibility for any personal injury, accident, or loss, whatsoever in relation to the Contest or the Prize (hereinafter the "Declaration and Release Form"). If a Guest is of minor age, the Declaration and Release Form must also be signed by a parent or legal guardian of such minor guest.
- 4.1.5 All travel is at the Grand Prize Winner and the Guest’s risk.
- 4.1.6 The approximate retail value of Grand Prize is five thousand dollars in Canadian currency (C$5,000).
4.2 Instant Prizes
- 4.2.1 One hundred and fifty (150) instant prizes will be awarded in this Contest, each consisting of the following (each being an "Instant Prize") (the Grand Prize and the Instant Prizes being each a Prize):
- Twenty-five (25) laptops, each having an approximate value of eight hundred dollars in Canadian currency (C$800);
- Twenty-five (25) digital cameras, each having an approximate value of four hundred dollars in Canadian currency (C$400);
- Fifty (50) travel bags, each having an approximate value of two hundred dollars in Canadian currency (C$200);
- Fifty (50) clock radio systems, each having an approximate value of one hundred dollars in Canadian currency (C$100).
4.3 Awarding of the Prizes
The Prizes will be sent to the Winners (hereinafter defined) by mail or courier within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the executed Declaration and Release Form (hereinafter defined)
5. SELECTING WINNERS
5.1 Grand Prize Winner
- 5.1.1 On December 18, 2014, at 2:00 pm EST at the offices of Cri Communications Inc. located at 85 Saint-Paul Street West, Suite 120, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 3V4, one (1) Participant will be selected (a “Selected Participant”) by random draw (the “Draw”) from among all the eligible Entry Forms received to win the Grand Prize.
- 5.1.2 The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible EntryForms received during the Contest Period.
5.2 Instant Prizes Winners
- 5.2.1 Before the Contest Opening Date, the Sponsor will have two hundred seventy-five thousand (275,000) Tags and twenty thousand (20,000) Facebook Codes at its disposal. The Sponsor will be sure to put Tags on the Participating Products boxes and gives the Administrator one hundred (100) Tags for the Participants who will enter by sending a Letter and the twenty thousand (20,000) Facebook Codes for the Participants who enter via Facebook.
- 5.2.2 Among these Tags, one hundred and forty (140) tags give the chance to win an Instant Prize and among the Facebook Codes, ten (10) Facebook codes give the chance to win an Instant Prize. Those one hundred and forty (140) Tags will be randomly affixed to Participating Products boxes and given to the Administrator in order to be sent in response to a Letter.
- 5.2.3 The odds of winning an Instant Prize are 0.0508%.
5.3. Requirements To Be Declared Winner
- 5.3.1 In order to win an Instant Prize, each Selected Participant will receive a form by email from the Administrator. The Selected Participant must complete the said form by indicating his/her first name, last name, complete mailing address, email address, phone number and year of birth, and return it to the Administrator by mail together with the Tag or email containing the winning unique alphanumeric code no later than the date indicated on the form.
- 5.3.2 Each Selected Participant will be contacted by phone or email in accordance with the contact information he/she provided on his/her Entry Form within seven (7) business days of the Draw, in the case of the Grand Prize, or receipt of the winning unique alphanumeric code, in the case of an Instant Prize. If a Selected Participant cannot be contacted by phone or email (or fails to respond to messages) within seven (7) business days of the time of initial contact, he/she will be disqualified from the Contest and forfeit the Prize. The Sponsor may then, at its sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible Participant in accordance with paragraph 5.1 or forfeit the Prize. That new Selected Participant is subject to disqualification if he/she does not comply with this paragraph.Each Selected Participant will be contacted by phone or email in accordance with the contact information he/she provided on his/her Entry Form, within seven (7) business days of the Draw in the case of the Grand Prize, or following receipt of the winning unique alphanumeric code in the case of an Instant Prize. If a Selected Participant cannot be contacted by phone or email (or fails to respond to messages) within seven (7) business days from the time of initial contact, he/she will be disqualified from the Contest and forfeit the Prize. The Sponsor may then, with its sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible Participant in accordance with paragraph 5.1, or forfeit the Prize. The new Selected Participant is subject to disqualification if he/she does not comply with this paragraph.
- 5.3.3 Before being declared a Prize winner (a “Winner”), each Selected Participant must complete and sign a declaration and release form (a “Declaration and Release Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsor and any other organization in association with the granting of the Prize or the Contest together with their respective employees of all responsibility for any personal injury, accident, loss or misfortune relating to the Contest, Prize or granting of the Prize. The Participant shall also correctly answer, with no assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill–testing question included in the Declaration and Release Form.
- 5.3.4 In the event that a Selected Participant does not correctly answer the mathematical skill–testing question, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select another Participant from among the remaining valid Entry Forms in acordance with paragraph 5.1, regarding the Grand Prize, or completely cancel the awarding of the Prize.
- 5.3.5 The Declaration and Release Form duly completed and executed by the Prize Winner must be received by the Sponsor before the date indicated on the Declaration and Release Form. Otherwise the Prize will be considered as being abandoned.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS
6.1 The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. No Prize substitutions are permitted, except at the Sponsor’s sole and entire discretion. The Sponsor may substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by the Winner will be forfeited. The Sponsor will not be responsible if any event results in the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors beyond its reasonable control prevent the Contest or any part thereof from being fulfilled. The Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the Winner acknowledges that the only warranties applicable to any aspect of the Prize, if any, are the warranties provided by the supplier of the Prize to the Sponsor that are transferable and/or the manufacturer’s warranty. Under no circumstances whatsoever shall the Winner have any recourse against the Sponsor with respect to any element of any Prize or the Contest.
6.2 Any attempt to damage the Contest Website, Facebook Page or any related website, or the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In such cases, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
6.3 No correspondence pertaining to the Contest will be entered into except with each Selected Participant and each Winner.
6.4 All Entry Forms become the property of the Sponsor.
6.5 This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. All Participants acknowledge and agree that by entering the Contest they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information provided will only be used for the administration of this contest. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each Participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANT
By entering the Contest, a Participant:
7.1 releases the Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents of any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to the Participant or any other person, including personal injury or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity;
7.2 agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents of any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
8.1 By entering this Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these rules, which are posted on the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period.
8.2 Complete rules are available on the Contest Website or may be obtained by sending a letter with a pre-addressed and prepaid envelope to the following address and which must be received by December 1, 2014: “The Winning Snoozzze Contest” at 85 Saint-Paul Street West, Suite 120, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 3V4.
8.3 The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant it finds to have:
- - violated these Contest Rules;
- - tampered or attempted to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest Website or the Contest Facebook Page;
- - acted in an unsportsmanlike, disruptive or unfair manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entry Forms, and Declaration and Release Forms (or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur).
The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
10. RELEASE / PRIVACY / USE OF PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
10.1 By entering this Contest, the Participant agrees to the use of his/her personal information by the Sponsor for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding the Prize and acknowledges that Participant’s personal information will not be provided to any third parties, other than as provided for in these rules.
10.2 By accepting the Prize, the Winner grants permission to the Sponsor to use his/her name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, Prize information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purpose without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. VACHON and the VACHON MORNING! logo are registered trademarks owned by Saputo Bakery Inc.
These are official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. These Contest Rules are subject to change, with the Régie’s consent, without notice, in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
13. RESIDENT OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. POSTING OF WINNERS' NAME
Within thirty (30) days of the Draw, the Sponsor will post on the Contest Website and Facebook Page the Grand Prize Winner’s name. This information will stay on the Contest Website and Facebook Page for a period of at least thirty (30) days.